After this course you will have
- Connect with important industry partners of the protein supply chain and gain valuable insights into their strategies and daily business
- Development and pitching of your groups business or product idea
- Applying the design thinking method
- Collaborating with students from different departements and disciplines
- Networking events with students from the summer camp
- Deepdive in the world of animal and plant-based proteins - nutritional-physiological, techno-functional and process-related aspects
In this 6-ECTS Summer School students will make a deep dive in the world of the proteins. By visiting multiple actors from the food system working with different kinds of proteins, the students will identify the major challenges within the protein sector. These insights will enable the students to develop and pitch a business or product idea that contributes to a more sustainable and regenerative food system.
The 10-day program offers practice-oriented insights as well as the possibility to work with an interdisciplinary team on a compelling business or product idea and seed-stage business plan. At the end of the FoodTech Summer School students will pitch their idea in front of a jury of experts and will receive valuable feedback.
Co-Organizers and your department contacts
- Thomas Bratschi / School of Life Sciences and Facility Management
- Carla Bratschi / Foodward
- School of Life Sciences and Facility Management
For more information, please visit the info webinar on 26 February 2024, 12.00-12.30h CET:
The Summer School is open for BSc and MSc students from in- and outside ZHAW and all departments and disciplines. Also open for professionals.
Documents required for the application
- CV in English (max. 2 pages) incl. indication of English-level
- Short motivational email
The number of participants is limited to 24. All applications will be evaluated after the application deadline, April 1st 2024. You will be informed by calender week 15 whether you can take part in the FoodTech Summer School.
The regular application deadline ends on:
ZHAW & EELISA students: free | Non-ZHAW students: CHF 650 | Professionals: CHF 1’900.